6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Dr Buriata Tofinga
(First semester, Second semester)
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
This is an interdisciplinary capstone unit for the Bachelor of Business and Commerce program. It aims to help students integrate the diverse discipline knowledge they acquired in prior studies, deepen their understanding of topical issues related to regional or global business, and apply their learning to solve real business problems. Students will identify innovative solutions to those problems from a total organisation perspective. In the process, they will learn how to synthesise principles and theories from different business disciplines, and apply a variety of skills including critical inquiry, problem solving, communication and teamwork.
The learning objectives associated with this unit are to:
- critically evaluate real-life business practices and issues by integrating multiple perspectives and approaches, and identify innovative solutions to the associated business problems
- synthesise knowledge from multiple disciplines and identify solutions to a range of business problems
- articulate and present their ideas in a succinct and convincing manner.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information