12 points, SCA Band 3, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Summer semester A 2019 (On-campus block of classes)
- Summer semester B 2019 (On-campus)
Enrolment in this unit is not available via WES. Course director approval is required prior to enrolment and approval will be dependent upon completion of 96 credit points (including appropriate units for the area of work placement) with an overall average of 65% for all units undertaken.
Students will undertake approved projects for an employer, which will contribute to the organisation and facilitate the development of work place skills and application of knowledge to a practical situation.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- apply conceptual and theoretical knowledge to practical work situations
- communicate effectively and appropriately with peers and superiors both verbally and in writing
- work effectively as part of a team
- undertake applied research projects in the areas of accounting, economics, management, marketing, or any area of business.
Employer assessment: 30%, Work placement / Project report: 70%.
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average six/eight hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information