6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Any four of the following units, , , , , , AZA2432, ,
, MON2003, MON3001, , , ATS3744,
The aim of the unit is to ensure that students develop an integrated approach to learning through a combination of academic and work-related activities. The aim of work integrated learning is to provide students with the opportunity to integrate theory with practice and gain first-hand experience in working in public relations. The unit includes a range of approaches that integrate theory with the practice of work within a purposefully designed curriculum. The unit adheres to organised, structured, directed and mentored educational activities. Additionally, the unit follows a learner-centred approach to create opportunities for students to apply theoretical concepts to work related activities. These activities may include on-campus and off-campus projects such as community engagement, and experiential learning internships and service learning opportunities.
On completion of the unit, students will be expected to be able to:
- critically reflect on, comprehensively analyse and undertake a public relations task;
- critically appraise the suitability and applicability of particular theoretical concepts and constructs in public relations tasks;
- work reflexively within the constraints of an organisational environment;
- execute various tasks necessary in functioning effectively as a public relations practitioner.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information