6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Summer semester A 2019 (On-campus)
The unit may be offered as part of the Summer Arts ProgramSummer Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/summer-program.html).
The student needs to show an ability to integrate all he or she learned and to apply it into a practice setting. They must specifically show the ability to keep process notes and referral reports, participate in case discussions and intake interviews, to be open to supervision, show skill in working within a team context, and show comfort in working within a one-on-one case level as well as on a project or developmental level.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate integration and application of assessment and intervention knowledge on a child client in practice;
- Ability to write process notes, report and refer problems experienced by the child client;
- Conduct and participate in intake interviews and case conference discussions;
- Make use of supervision;
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team context;
- Efficiency in moving between micro and macro levels of working with clients.
Within semester assessment: 70% + Exam: 30%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement. + Additional requirements + Field placement
See also Unit timetable information