6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Architecture Research runs in conjunction with the final Architecture Design Research Project. Addressing diverse contexts, methodologies and practices within architecture research, this unit provides support for the design research undertaken during the final semester of the Master of Architecture. The unit will establish the necessary parameters for the development of design research projects including methodological, conceptual and technical contexts and operative frameworks for architectural speculations.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Be able to locate design research within relevant contexts;
- Have acquired proficiency in architectural design research methods;
- Have the ability to critically analyse and successfully respond to issues inherent in formulating architecture research;
- Have developed and demonstrated a sophisticated understanding of how observation, analysis, experiment and critique apply to the development of architecture design research;
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours plus 9 hours of independent study, or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information