Give yourself and your organisation a competitive edge with the Executive Graduate Certificate of Business.
This program is innovative and industry-focused, with a strong emphasis on professional development and excellence in business practice to help you stay at the forefront of your field. Flexible in its delivery, we design our leadership and executive education studies to ensure you have the toolkit to answer challenges faced by individuals, organisations and communities. You will graduate from this program with an advanced set of professional and technical skills, which will enable you to assist businesses to succeed in complex and dynamic environments.
This program is suited to early-career professionals to senior leaders who want to extend their leadership and business skills and knowledge. It is available for individuals from organisations wanting to undertake executive education at Monash Business School, with programs specifically tailored to encourage better decision making, more creative thinking and to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field.
These course outcomes are aligned with the Australian Qualifications Framework level 8 and Monash Graduate AttributesAustralian Qualifications Framework level 8 and Monash Graduate Attributes (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/handbooks/alignmentofoutcomes.html).
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will:
- Be critical and creative scholars who:
- produce innovative solutions to problems
- apply research skills to business challenges
- communicate effectively and perceptively
- be responsible and effective global citizens who:
- engage in an internationalised world
- exhibit cross-cultural competence
- demonstrate ethical values
- be able to provide advanced discipline-based solutions relevant to the business, professional and/or public policy context
- apply advanced business knowledge in the practice of leadership, management and organisational roles.
The course will consist of a combination of LEE coded units, offered by the Faculty of Business and Economics.
Units are 6 credit points unless otherwise stated.
The course comprises 24 points of study.
You must complete a combination of the following units:
- LEE5001Not offered in 2019 Advanced leadership 1
- LEE5002Not offered in 2019 Advanced leadership 2
- LEE5003Not offered in 2019 Advanced leadership 3
- LEE5004Not offered in 2019 Advanced leadership 4
- LEE5010Not offered in 2019 Advanced leadership 5 (12 credit points)
- LEE5011Not offered in 2019 Advanced leadership 6 (12 credit points)
Successful completion of the Executive Graduate Certificate of Business may provide a pathway for admission to the Graduate Diploma of Business and/or the post-experience master courses offered by the Faculty of Business and Economics subject to satisfying the appropriate entry requirements. Credit may be granted towards other Faculty of Business and Economics postgraduate courses upon successful completion.