6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2019
Students must be enrolled in course B4002.
This unit is designed to develop and refine students' leadership skills so they can survive and thrive in the new world of work. A combination of theory and practice will enable students to refine key leadership capabilities which can be immediately applied in commercial and organisational contexts.
An applied approach will be taken involving in-class practice and assignments reflecting the real-world challenges of students.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- develop a deeper understanding of the difference between theory and practice
- apply theory and ethical values to practice in a supervised environment
- evaluate personal learning and personal development in a complex business environment
- apply research skills and provide innovative solutions to complex business problems
- communicate effectively and perceptively in a business environment.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average six/eight hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information