6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
The unit covers environmental factors affecting international marketing, the field of international business, international marketing research and marketing decisions, entry strategies, marketing planning, controlling and strategy for international business.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- analyse and evaluate how a range of international marketing criteria impact on a chosen and specific foreign market
- develop, analyse, justify and evaluate market entry and longer term foreign marketing plans for a specific market
- understand how current issues, trends and research in international marketing impact on designated foreign market segments
- identify and evaluate how a range of specialised, localised and specific issues might impact upon business activity within a designated foreign market segment
- utilise independent critical thinking and applied learning skills to develop an international marketing orientation in terms of a chosen market context.
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information