6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
An in-depth analysis of the marketing techniques that can be applied to the tourism sector.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- recognise the importance of marketing to the tourism sector
- identify the marketing methods employed by the tourism sector
- distinguish between marketing a service and a physical good
- analyse the marketing strategies, including segmentation, employed by the tourism sector.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information