0 points, SCA Band 2, 0.000 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Off-campus Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Off-campus Day)
A period of approved industrial placement (normally six weeks) in an interior architecture or design practice normally taken no earlier than the end of the third year and preferably before the commencement of the fourth year. In many instances students will use the contacts they develop in this unit to help identify an honours project topic.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- Be able to perform a variety of tasks to an adequate professional standard within an architectural/interior architectural working environment
- Be able to operate effectively and constructively as a team-member within an architectural/interior architectural project team
- Be able to reflect critically upon the operational strengths and weaknesses of project and office management procedures employed within an architectural/interior architectural professional context
- Understand from first hand experience a variety of the tasks and problems that constitute interior architecture practice, and be able to describe approaches to them.
Consultation with staff of the practice (review of a log book and the satisfactory completion of the tasks documented in it): Pass grade only
240 hours at approved work sites
See also Unit timetable information