6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
This unit introduces the folio for the communication of design propositions in a professional context. It focuses on the use of publishing media and techniques. Students compile and examine the projects undertaken in previous design studios. They identify emerging interests and locate them in relation to contemporary practitioners. Students will strategically curate their work to develop a folio suitable for presentation in a professional context.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- critically reflect on their design practice and projects to date
- develop and format a folio for presentation in a professional context
- use publishing media to refine and represent their position with visual communication techniques
- critically discuss their design agendas in parallel with their visual folio component
- locate and understand the contemporary nature of their practice in a culturally specific context
- understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100% mixed mode
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours and 9 hours of independent study or equivalent
See also Unit timetable information