6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
This unit integrates the work undertaken in IAR1211 and IAR2204 and uses example studies to develop understanding and demonstrate competence in detailing and specifying construction and materials for a range of common interior construction contexts. This unit includes a number of set projects which require students to detail and specify construction and material to a professional standard, sufficient for construction and briefing of the specialists. Site visits relevant to the projects are undertaken.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- demonstrate competency in detailing and specifying construction and materials for a range of common interior construction contexts
- be capable of meeting Building Code of Australia, Australian Standards, and other regulatory requirements
- have the ability to undertake a costing
- have the ability to provide a management plan for the construction of an interior
- understand the components of contracts and contract documentation
- have a knowledge of the range of technical data sources available for construction and materials
- observe and employ occupational health and safety principles and rules appropriate to studio practice.
Written assignments: 100%
12 hours per week, including 4 class hours and 8 independent study hours.
See also Unit timetable information