6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
This unit focuses on the design, development and deployment of mobile applications that will be demonstrated using the iOS platform. Applications will be developed following the Model-View-Controller architectural design pattern and areas such as mobile GUI design, data management, networking, mobile sensors and wearables will be explored. The unit will emphasis hands-on, practical experience with actual devices and emulators.
At the completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- recall the history of mobile platforms and the development of software for those platforms;
- describe the MVC design pattern and explain the importance of this design pattern in mobile applications development;
- analyse and distinguish between the design considerations for mobile application interface development and traditional interfaces;
- analyse and implement the data access and storage requirements for mobile applications;
- analyse and implement the use of graphic and audio components in the development of mobile applications;
- design, construct and publish applications for mobile platforms with particular focus on iOS.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- Three hour studio
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 9 hours of personal study in order to satisfy the reading, tute, prac and assignment expectations.
See also Unit timetable information