6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
At the completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe the current technological options with respect to e-business application development and the most likely trends going forward;
- analyse and debug existing e-Business applications;
- design, code and test basic e-Business applications using current industrial strength techniques;
- describe and use some of the core APIs used in e-Business applications;
- apply good programming practices in accordance with industry standards and professional ethics.
Examination (2 hours plus 30 minutes reading and noting time): 60%; In-semester assessment: 40%
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- Two hours lectures
- One hour tutorials
- Two hours laboratories
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 2-3 hours of personal study per one hour of lecture time in order to satisfy the reading, tute, prac and assignment expectations.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study