12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Planning Project 4: The Inclusive City focusses on issues pertinent to social and community planning to address the challenge of creating people-centred cities. The unit expands and consolidates advanced concepts, knowledge and skills encompassing a range of complex issues relevant to practising urban planning. Through critical research, analysis and synthesis undertaken in real spatial settings, the unit develops concepts, creative approaches, processes and outcomes and the skills to communicate these effectively to diverse communities.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Critically reflect on and practice ethical approaches to contemporary urban planning in diverse communities;
- Strategically respond to complex problems and develop appropriate planning responses, processes and outcomes pertinent to social and community planning;
- Apply skills in research to address social and community planning issues;
- Communicate in written, verbal and graphic formats on social and community planning issues;
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% in-semester assessment
24 hours per week including 6 contact hours plus 18 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information