6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus block of classes)
- First semester (extended) 2019 (On-campus block of classes)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus block of classes)
Admission to the double award Master of Industrial Design with South East University, China.
The unit develops an understanding and appreciation of current design research practice and methods. Regular group and individual critiques of the design research applied to a project will be undertaken. Both the intentions of students and the results of their work are debated in group discussions and critical sessions. Students will be expected to demonstrate a capability to investigate design research as part of design practice. Admission to the double award Master of Industrial Design with South East University, China.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Investigate a range of current design research methods for design practice;
- Evaluate and apply design research methods to a design project, demonstrating a synthesis of complex theories, concepts and propositions;
- Communicate specific design strategies and methodologies, reflecting on the outcomes of design research in design practice.
100% in-semester assessment
Block mode: 36 contact hours and 108 hours independent study.
On Campus: 4 contact hours and 8 hours of independent study per week.
See also Unit timetable information