24 points, SCA Band 2, 0.500 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Full year 2019 (On-campus)
Permission from the Associate Dean (Education)
Students undertake a supervised research project in an area of science, and present the results in a seminar.
On completion of the unit, students will be able to:
- Critically review the scientific literature in their specialist area of study;
- Understand the processes involved in the design, development and implementation of a relevant research project;
- Be able to complete and analyse a set of laboratory-based, computer-based, theoretical or other appropriate studies;
- Be proficient in computer based data acquisition (where appropriate), critical analysis of results, appropriate presentation, and scientific word processing;
- Demonstrate communication skills in both oral and written presentations, including the ability to write and present scientific work in a potentially publishable way;
- Have acquired a range of technical skills and attitudes appropriate to their specialist area of study;
- Have demonstrated the capability to perform a variety of scientific procedures and techniques that are essential to the satisfactory completion and reporting of a research project;
- Have demonstrated the potential to pursue higher studies and learning in the relevant area of study.
Consistent with the honours project assessment of the discipline. It will be advised to the student by the School Honours Coordinator.
To be advised by School Honours co-ordinator
See also Unit timetable information