6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Students must be enrolled in course B6006, B6009, B6010, B6018, B6019 or C6006.
, , .
This unit explores and develops the key concepts and techniques necessary to understand the core project management competencies of project integration, risk and procurement management. Project integration will include the project front-end, detailed planning, execution, and review. Risk management includes planning for and identifying risks, performing risk analysis, and responding to and controlling risks. Procurement management includes the areas of contract law, statutory regulations, legal relationships, negligence, and negotiation.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Critique project procurement management and project risk management.
- Examine and integrate the principles of procurement evaluation, selection and planning.
- Investigate, interpret meaningfully the legal background including dispute resolution to procure goods and services.
- Evaluate and manage the relationship between risk, procurement and contracts and their impact on project design and delivery.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study