6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Enrolment in an approved Honours or Graduate Diploma in the discipline of Mathematics and statistics
Students undertake honours level coursework in an area of mathematics or statistics.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Understand and apply advanced mathematical techniques.
- Identify and formulate real world and abstract problems in mathematical language.
- Use a mathematical approach to problem solving over a wide range of environments.
- Communicate mathematical results professionally.
- Utilise information technology effectively to aid in problem solving and the communication of mathematical results.
In accordance with the published assessment requirements of the corresponding honours topic offered by the School of Mathematical Sciences. It will be advised to the student by the School Honours Coordinator, and/or the honours topic coordinator.
Three 1-hour lectures (or equivalent) per week and an average of about nine hours of private study per week
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Mathematics and statistics