6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Summer semester A 2019 (On-campus block of classes)
This unit explores the international business environment including international trade and investment, and the legal, political, cultural and technological contexts faced by internationalising organisations. It covers the forms of operations available to the internationalising organisation, the impact of the multinational enterprise and international strategic planning.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- examine the impact the international business environment has on the internationalisation process of an organisation
- evaluate the role and influence of government and international funding and trade organisations
- identify the strategic issues impacting on internationalising organisations
- analyse how entry mode choice and the functional areas of management, impact on the internationalisation of a firm.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information