6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus block of classes)
- First semester (extended) 2019 (On-campus block of classes)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus block of classes)
Admission to Master of Design (by coursework)
This unit is only available to student enrolled in the double award Master of Industrial Design with Southeast University, China
This unit develops the practice of advanced design communication by combining techniques and media, as well as experimental methods. Students will be required to examine current methods to help develop their design visualization proficiency.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in the use of drawing as a means of communication to show salient features of an intended design;
- Have an advanced practical and critical understanding of drawing as a method of externalising thoughts and developing ideas;
- Communicate their ideas through concept presentation sketches and renderings;
- Use drawing for persuasion and communication in a design context;
- Demonstrate proficiency in a variety of techniques: traditional, electronic and experimental;
- Select appropriate techniques to suit the nature of the design or the communicative purpose.
100% in-semester assessment
On-campus: 4 studio hours plus 8 independent study hours per week, or block-mode equivalence.
See also Unit timetable information