6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate, Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Must also be concurrently enrolled in
Studio practice at the Honours level is advanced and research-based. Studio Methodology is designed to compliment the primary Bachelor of Fine Art Honours studio research project unit, Project Studies, by introducing students to advanced studio research methodologies. Through a discursive engagement with this range of methodologies and their field of enquiry, the student will be able to develop a studio-based practice appropriate for their individual Honours year project.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Develop a discursive approach to their field of enquiry;
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of studio methodologies in contemporary practice;
- Demonstrate the ability to generate a studio methodology relevant to their practice;
- Demonstrate the potential for advanced research in their field;
- Demonstrate an understanding of research ethics and research integrity;
- Appreciate the difference between professional practice in their discipline and studio research in their discipline.
100% in-semester assessment
On-campus: 3 hours class per week.
Off-campus: 9 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information