6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
For students enrolled in E3001, E3002, E3005, E3010, E3011, E3007 completing the Software Engineering specialisation:and
This unit focuses theoretical concepts, applications and research issues of mobile software. Students will learn techniques to design and develop mobile applications. A number of different toolkits/development environments will be discussed and used for the practical component of the unit. Interaction between mobile applications and other systems such as sensor networks or web systems will also be explored.
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe the principles and theoretical concepts of mobile software systems;
- explain different mobile systems toolkits and development environments;
- utilise techniques for developing mobile applications;
- develop mobile applications;
- integrate mobile applications with other systems, such as sensor network systems or web systems.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- Two hours of lectures
- One 2-hour tutorial
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 8 hours independent study per week for completing tutorial and project work, private study and revision.
See also Unit timetable information