18 points, SCA Band 2, 0.375 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Students participate full time in a research and development placement over a 22-week period. Students are required to apply their knowledge, skills, professional attitudes and ethical behaviour in a research context. They develop their communication, time management, self-reflection and teamwork skills, experience a professional research and development environment and obtain feedback from supervisors on their performance.
Students will be supervised by a supervisor and will be visited by the CE or academic nominees.
At the completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- participate as an interested, active member of a possibly multi-disciplinary research team;
- design, organise and conduct innovative information technology research projects;
- communicate research findings orally and in writing;
- demonstrate ethical behaviour, professional practice and initiative in research;
- critically analyse and assess information technology literature.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Students are deployed full-time for 22 weeks in a research and development placement.
See also Unit timetable information