6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Interactive media studio 1 builds upon the skills learnt in Interactive media foundations and introduces students to digital graphic and video technologies for the web. The basics of web design and production introduced in Interactive media foundations are extended in this unit. Students will undertake projects that integrate a range of multimedia resources to design and develop original digital images, motion graphic sequences and interactive webpages. In their final assignment, students will collaborate in groups of two or three to realise their multimedia creation.
At the completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply digital image and motion graphic editing techniques;
- evaluate software procedures for digital design and visualisation;
- create and organise multimedia resources;
- design and develop digital graphics, video and audio content and display them in a web based context.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- One hour lecture/seminar
- Three hours tutorial/laboratories
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 2-3 hours of personal study per one hour of lecture time in order to satisfy the reading, tute, prac and assignment expectations.
See also Unit timetable information