12 points, SCA Band 3, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Students must have passed 24 points at Level 5 from the Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
Under supervision, students are expected to undertake and report on an original research topic that addresses a contemporary and significant issue in the field of applied or theoretical econometrics. Students must find a suitable supervisor and have selected an appropriate area of research in order to undertake this unit.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- demonstrate the knowledge and skill pertinent to the area of research undertaken
- survey critically the relevant literature
- understand and appreciate the relationship of the research undertaken to that of others
- contribute to the knowledge of the subject
- communicate and present the findings in writing in a manner that is logical and coherent.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average six/eight hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information