0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Summer semester A 2019 (On-campus)
This unit monitors secondary professional experience in the Master of Teaching. Students complete the required number of days and the activities specified in the unit guide. Students' learning is supported by relevant academic staff in the Faculty of Education, and by teacher mentors in the education setting in which they are placed.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- complete the required number of days of professional experience and the activities specified in the unit guide
- document their professional learning through means such as a professional experience folder which records lesson planning, self-reflections and an evaluation on developing practice
- achieve a satisfactory level of progress in their development as teachers in line with the requirements outlined in the unit guide and the placement report.
This unit is graded pass grade only (PGO).
Students enrolled in this unit must complete learning outcomes 1, 2 and 3 in order to gain a pass grade only assessment. This means students must achieve a satisfactory report and complete documentation of their learning as required, including detailed records of their planning and reflection on their practice during their professional experience.
Students must either attend on-campus briefing sessions or take responsibility to view the online recorded version of professional experience briefing sessions for their course. Students must attend their professional experience days and meet the required number of days as outlined in the unit guide.
See also Unit timetable information