12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Term 2 2019 (Flexible)
- Term 4 2019 (Flexible)
Not available in the MEd in Inclusive and Special Education
EDF5614 is a supervised project. During the course, group supervision (students working together with an experienced supervisor) will be arranged and students will undertake a small-scale research project of up to 10,000 words. The scope of research topics will depend on available teaching staff. The supervisor will guide you through the development, implementation, data collection, and writing up of your project. Through the Research Project, students are required to demonstrate competence in understanding and conducting research in a field of study. This will be guided by methodological interests identified in(e.g. survey, case study, discourse analysis, narrative inquiry, practitioner research).
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- locate a research concern within a relevant body of academic scholarship
- review the research literature in a particular field
- conduct a small-scale research project in a selected research methodology
- use research processes with due regard to ethical procedures and academic conventions
- demonstrate a capacity to engage in reflective, critical discussion of the relevant research area.
Research report (10,000 words, 100%)
Flexible mode offers students blocks of on campus teaching supplemented by online resources and self-directed learning activities and assessment in a supported way. This unit is not designed to be completed exclusively online.
Minimum total expected workload equals 288 hours per semester comprising:
- Contact hours for flexible students:
- 26 hours equivalent of learning activities over the semester
- Additional requirements:
- independent study to meet the minimum required hours per semester
See also Unit timetable information