6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Sarika Kewalramani (Peninsula)
For single degree students: Must have passed 156 credit points.
For double degree students: Must have passed 60 credit points from units owned by the Faculty of Education.
Early Years Education: EDF4052
Early Years and Primary Education: EDF4059
Primary Education single and double degrees: EDF4054
Primary and Secondary Education and Primary and Secondary Inclusive Education: EDF4041
Primary and Secondary Health and Physical Education: EDF4053
Secondary Health and Physical Education and Secondary Education double degrees: EDF4056
EDF4036Not offered in 2019
This unit has been designed to be taken in conjunction with your final professional experience placement.
This unit prepares students for their transition into professional practice as teachers and invites students to develop a deep and actionable understanding of their current and future role as a teacher. Drawing on a range of research evidence and the knowledge, skills and professional experiences developed during their course, students complete a teaching performance assessment (TPA) in which they plan, teach, assess and reflect and represent this work in an online platform. They analyse a range of evidence and critically reflect on their performance. They depict their progress against Graduate Teacher Standards and graduate attributes they have developed that enable them to be classroom ready.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- develop and document evidence of the impact of their teaching practice on the learning outcomes of the students they teach
- document and provide evidence of their professional practice against achievement of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the Graduate level
- evaluate and reflect on their knowledge and skills as professionals and identify areas for future professional learning
TPA - Context, Planning & Teaching (2000 words, 50%)
TPA - Assessing & Reflecting (2000 words, 50%)
Minimum total expected workload equals 144 hours per semester comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- 24 contact hours over the semester
- Additional requirements
- independent study to make up the minimum required hours over the semester
See also Unit timetable information