6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Trimester A 2019 (On-campus)
- Trimester B 2019 (On-campus)
- Trimester C 2019 (On-campus block of classes)
, ECB2331, , .
This unit examines the scope for policy to improve macroeconomic performance. It will cover: the cyclical behaviour of the economy; the role of monetary, fiscal and exchange rate policies in influencing economic activities; the implementation and operation of monetary policy; the relationship of exchange rates to monetary policy.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- understand the importance of distinguishing between the short-run and long-run impacts of macroeconomic policy
- understand the importance of and the differences between monetary, fiscal, and exchange rate policies
- be able to critically assess macroeconomic policy
- understand the implementation and operation of monetary policy.
Within semester assessment: 40% + Examination: 60%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information