6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit develops analytical tools for understanding macroeconomic fundamentals. It provides students with a unified framework that can be used to analyse macroeconomic issues such as employment, productivity, growth, inflation, business cycles, and macroeconomic policies. The unit combines macroeconomic theory with real-world applications.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- understand the basic macroeconomic frameworks
- analyse systematically the forces that determine changes in macroeconomic performance and living standards
- appraise critically the important current macroeconomic issues
- appreciate the nature and relevance of some significant recent developments in macroeconomics
- engage in rigorous economic analysis.
Within semester assessment: 40% + Examination: 60%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information