6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
or by permission from the course coordinator
This unit provides students exposure to the concepts and tools applicable to digital and audio production techniques. The unit offers students an opportunity to explore the potential of digital video and audio as a medium for inclusion in a wide range of communications and multimedia applications. Scripting, shooting video, sound recording and other production methods are demonstrated.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Understand digital video and audio concepts;
- Be able to plan, acquire and digitise a video source;
- Be able to trim and edit a video source;
- Be able to plan and manage an audio recording session;
- Acquire and incorporate audio and music tracks within a video source;
- Assemble and output a complete digital audio/video production;
- Understand the various applications of digital audio/video in multimedia;
- Have knowledge of the various tools and techniques used for digital video effects and sound composition.
100% in-semester assessment
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours plus 9 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information