6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Available only to MIEM students who have completedand students enrolled in C6006, E6001, or E6002.
This unit will introduce students to an appropriate management framework within which operations and maintenance of infrastructure should be carried out. In particular, this unit will develop a theoretical background for infrastructure management. It will cover asset management principles (whole of life cycle issues, infrastructure policy, risk management and strategic development), concepts and identification of asset performance requirements (community and stakeholder benefits and consultation, system performance and measures, level of service).
The objectives of the unit are to:
- familiarise with the concept of 'whole of life' asset management;
- understand processes for developing and implementing effective infrastructure policy;
- develop an understanding of the external risks and issues to be managed;
- understand the process of establishing asset performance (service) levels and measures; and
- understand the steps in developing and evaluating asset management strategies
Continuous assessment: 50%
Examination (2 hours): 50%
Students are required to achieve at least 45% in the total continuous assessment component and at least 45% in the final examination component and an overall mark of 50% to achieve a pass grade in the unit. Students failing to achieve this requirement will be given a maximum of 45% in the unit.
150 hours study
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study