6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit develops students' understanding of a particular topic/area in the transport/traffic field through completion of a one semester-long project which will develop their ability to plan, undertake and report on an independent program of investigation/research. Students propose their own topic reflecting their professional interests. On the basis of their selected topic, the student will undertake a one semester-long program of independent investigation/research and document the findings in a professional report and video record an oral presentation on their project. Students will provide peer feedback on the final reports and oral presentations of other students.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- develop an understanding of the selected area/topic,
- develop report writing and oral presentation skills ,
- strengthen ability to communicate information about a topic to readers/listeners who may have a limited background in the area, and
- become aware of the importance of critical analysis of published material
- develop capacity to provide effective peer feedback.
Written project plan, progress and final reports: 100%
150 hours study
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study