12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in F3702 Bachelor of Communication Design (Honours) or F3703 Bachelor of Design (Honours)
This unit is part one a major communication design project. It provides an opportunity to research issues, undertake conceptual design and develop refinements on the basis of the advanced attainment achieved at the end of the Bachelor of Communication Design or Bachelor of Design. In most instances the project is proposed by the student at the beginning of the semester in consultation with the lecturer, and approved by the lecturer and course coordinator. This allows the address of issues of capability or knowledge, or the development of specialist understanding or skills to be built into the student's program.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a capability to research and explore the full range of issues to be considered in a communication design project;
- Practice communication design to a high standard of professional competency;
- Relate their work to contemporary discourse and seek to extend its boundaries through their design work;
- Defend their chosen direction in the major project against informed criticism;
- Demonstrate a base of sound knowledge, understanding and capability to undertake their major project;
- Demonstrate they are capable of organising, developing and planning methodologies associated with the major project which will help to successfully determine a viable outcome.
100% in-semester assessment
24 hours per week including 8 contact hours plus 16 hours independent study.
See also Unit timetable information