6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Liability for defective products; liability for misleading advice or information; contract law; agency law; partnership law; introduction to company law; company officers' duties.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- examine common commercial law scenarios relating to: the supply of defective goods and services; contract disputes; misrepresentations; agency relationships; partnership law; and company law
- identify legal problems and risks which arise in those scenarios
- describe the laws relevant to those scenarios
- analyse and apply the laws to predict possible legal outcomes.
Within semester assessment: 70% + Examination: 30%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information