0 points, SCA Band 3, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit introduces doctoral candidates to current research issues and empirical tools in corporate finance and corporate governance. This unit will cover theoretical and empirical papers in corporate finance and corporate governance and will benefit students interested in writing their thesis in corporate finance or corporate governance.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- acquire knowledge of contemporary issues in corporate finance and governance
- critically evaluate current theoretical and empirical research in corporate finance and governance
- develop analytical skills via understanding the intuition and logic behind theoretical and empirical research in corporate finance and governance
- effectively convey ideas in writing and speech
- demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the topics covered in this course.
Within semester assessment: 70% + Examination: 30%
36 hours per semester of formal class contact
See also Unit timetable information