12 points, SCA Band 3, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Dr Kelly Benati
(all other teaching periods)
Dr Ross Booth (all other teaching periods)
Dr Sophie Lindsay (all other teaching periods)
Dr Ian Walker
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Summer semester A 2019 (On-campus)
- Summer semester B 2019 (On-campus)
Enrolment in this unit is subject to an application process. More information on this unit is available herehere (https://www.monash.edu/business/student-experience/career-development/industry-experience/work-integrated-learning/graduate-industry-experience). Applications must be submitted via this linklink (https://www.monash.edu/business/student-experience/career-development/industry-experience/work-integrated-learning/application-and-approval-process).
Students must have completed at least 1 semester of full time equivalent study at Monash before undertaking this unit.
This unit is designed to provide students with the opportunity to put theory into practice in a business environment.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- develop a deeper understanding of the difference between theory and practice
- apply theory and ethical values to practice in a supervised environment
- evaluate personal learning and personal development in a complex business environment
- apply research skills and provide innovative solutions to complex business problems
- communicate effectively and perceptively in a business environment.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average six/eight hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Off-campus attendance requirements
The contact hours will be spent engaged in supervised industry-based learning activities as part of their placement. This includes time required to attend regular meetings on campus with their academic supervisor.