24 points, SCA Band 1, 0.500 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Refer to school honours coordinator
- First semester 2019 (Flexible)
- Second semester 2019 (Flexible)
Under the supervision of an academic staff member, students will develop, conduct and report on a research project on an approved topic of their own devising.
- Plan, conduct and report on research in their Honours discipline;
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of the ethical issues associated with conducting research, where relevant;
- Demonstrate a command of the research literature relating to their research project.
Completed research thesis (15,000 to18,000 words): 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 576 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled meetings with a supervisor and independent study.
See also Unit timetable information