12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Admission to School of Media, Film and Journalism, Faculty of Arts, Honours (Bachelor of Arts)
This unit provides a point of entry for students commencing their Honours year in the School of Media, Film and Journalism. It is designed to enable students who have majored in one of the key school disciplines ( Film and screen studies; Journalism; Communication and media studies) to engage in research methods appropriate to their disciplinary interests, and further develop the research and conceptual skills required for study at Honours level.
Upon successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
- apply contemporary media research methods to undertake an independent project;
- analyse and engage with methodological and conceptual frameworks;
- produce a critical review of existing literature;
- structure and communicate a scholarly argument for an Honours thesis or creative project.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information