6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Students cannot be enrolled in ATS2478 Musical theatre workshop or ATS3478 Musical theatre workshop in the same semester
ATS3834 is a continuation and development of. It offers students the opportunity to undertake rehearsal in a professional manner and to bring that project to fruition in the public performance of a major length theatrical work or a number of shorter works. This unit emphasises the quality of all elements of the processes of preparation and rehearsal, in addition to that of its public product.
Upon successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
- apply theoretical methods in the creation of a piece of theatre;
- utilise a range of physical skills in performance;
- explain the technical elements of theatre and how they contribute to the aesthetic of the performance;
- develop and refine strategies for the maintenance of the performance through a performance season;
- conceptualise and articulate, the imaginative basis and developmental processes of an original piece of theatre work.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information