6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
A minor in Ukrainian studies
In-depth study of the Ukrainian literature in its historical context with special reference to the visual arts and against the background of social and political change.
- Upon completion of this unit students should have acquired a knowledge of representative texts of the major genres of the Ukrainian literature, an in-depth knowledge of the major developments of the Ukrainian history
- Students should have developed an understanding of the texts in the context of contemporary East-Slavic and Ukrainian culture, and should be able to place them into the context of social and political change as well as the context of other arts
- Students should have developed skills in critical interpretation, as well as coherent, independent written argument that makes properly documented use of secondary literature
- Students taking the unit at fourth-year level should be familiar with various critical and theoretical approaches to the subject matter of the unit.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information