6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Summer semester A 2019 (On-campus block of classes)
Any one of the following units:, ATS3030, , ATS3031, , ATS3032, , ATS3033, ATS3041, , ATS2015, ATS2035, ATS2016, ATS2036, ATS3015, ATS3035, ATS3016, ATS3036 or by permission.
ATS1014, ATS1034, ATS2014, ATS2034, ATS3034, ATS4014, ATS4034
The unit provides students with further Chinese language training in a business and commerce context. Having been exposed to texts in a specialised business style, students will further improve their Chinese language proficiency, and will be introduced to an increased range of language features common to Chinese business texts. Students will continue to practise writing and translating related texts and will be required to display a greater level of sophistication and understanding in both their translation and original writing than in Chinese for Business Translation part 1. This will further promote students' bilingual language proficiency and broaden their career opportunities.
Students are expected to achieve the following goals upon successful completion of the unit:
- to familiarise with an expanded range of features of business text through discourse analysis
- to extend basic Chinese business writing skills acquired in Chinese for Business Communication Part 1
- to extend translation skills in translating business text
- to further improve their knowledge of the Chinese language in the specific business context.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Exam: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information