6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
or by approval from the unit coordinator
The unit has a compulsory ensemble componentensemble component (http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/music/student-ensembles/). Some ensembles are subject to audition. Normally, auditions take place in Week 1 of the semester. Please see the unit guide for further information.
The unit consolidates intermediate skills in music ensemble performance developed inMusic ensemble 2.
The unit comprises:
- ensemble rehearsals in a chosen/approved music ensemble;
- performance of select repertoire. The development of skills prepares students for the next unit in the sequence, Music ensemble 4.
Upon completion of this unit, students are able to:
- Demonstrate further command of music ensemble performance skills beyond the level attained in Music ensemble 2 in a chosen/approved music ensemble.
- Demonstrate effective control of the elements of ensemble performance (for example, accuracy, articulation and phrasing, tone quality, dynamics, expression, and so forth).
- Convincingly perform select repertoire in a public setting.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information