6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in Bachelor of Media Communication.
This unit is a core unit for the Bachelor of Media CommunicationBachelor of Media Communication (https://www.monash.edu/pubs/2018handbooks/courses/A2002.html).
The Audio Lab is a multi-disciplinary learning environment where students from the different specialisations in the Bachelor of Media Communication come together to explore new technologies, skills and practices in audio media. Students will devise an Audio research project that tests the capabilities of new audio technologies and explore applications. The lab fosters creativity and experimentation in media production while also developing professional skills in collaboration and adaptability.
Upon successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
- identify and discuss the communicative and creative role of audio in contemporary media environments;
- display proficiency in a variety of audio media skills and practices;
- work reflectively, independently and collaboratively with peers to conceptualize and design an audio media project;
- apply audio skills in media production that critically reflects on the evolving technologies and practices of audio.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Bachelor of Media CommunicationBachelor of Media Communication (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2018handbooks/courses/A2002.html)