6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
This unit seeks to develop further communications strategies acquired in. Students will also be introduced to expressions in different registers in the spoken and written language and the social and cultural aspects of Korean society necessary to understand them. In addition, students will be able to develop those skills required to access, select, analyse, evaluate and apply various tools and information needed to identify key cultural issues in ways that lead to sensitive and meaningful cross-cultural communication.
Upon completing this unit, students should be able to:
- Communicate competently in everyday social situations;
- Understand expressions from different genres;
- Write competently on simple or familiar topics;
- Develop the ability to identify possible cross-linguistic and cross-cultural communication gaps, and effectively deal with them.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Exam: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information