6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Centre for Theatre and Performance
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
The unit introduces students to developments in 20th Century actor training, focusing on vocal and physical techniques for character building and theatrical embodiment.
Students successfully completing this Unit will develop:
- basic skills in kinaesthetic awareness in performance contextualised by (readings in) various approaches to contemporary physical performance
- an embodied understanding of the basic performance elements of movement, dynamic interaction/ensemble work, space, image and composition
- embodied approaches to character and text
- skills and capacities in devising short performance works drawing on foundational physical work and improvisation
- creative and critical reflection upon and articulation of body-based skills and strategies in performance
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information