12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
and plus 24 credit points from the Master of Communication and Media studies elective list.
The unit is only available online with permission of the program director.
The unit is undertaken in the final semester of the Master of Communications and Media Studies. It challenges students to use knowledge and skills developed throughout the degree to address a 'real world' problem for a client organisation. Students work in groups on a communication plan or research report, responding to a client brief. Students are encouraged to consider the report or plan not only as a formal requirement for the degree, but also as contributing to a portfolio of professional development where they can demonstrate effective project management, research, communication, leadership, teamwork and other professional skills.
On successful completion of the unit, students will be able to
- apply research skills to 'real world' problems in communications and media;
- design and manage a client project;
- reflect on ethical questions and professionalism;
- communicate project findings; and
- work effectively in teams.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload equals 288 hours per semester
See also Unit timetable information