6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Ms Shalini Samuel
Ms Felicity Kelly and Miss Roshni Ali (Semester 2)
- First semester 2019 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Students must be enrolled in B6005 Master of Business.
Environmental, social and ethical issues are increasingly influencing business decisions. The ability to create value from, and mitigate risks associated with, environmental, social and ethical issues increasingly impacts markets, access to capital, company reputation and shareholder value. This unit will critically examine sustainability challenges across a range of industry settings and develop strategies to address these issues.
Upon successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
- critically analyse concepts, theories and practice in the highly dynamic field of corporate sustainability management;
- understand the frameworks and tools to apply sustainability in business settings;
- develop and communicate a business case for sustainability.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information