12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Director of relevant Graduate Program
- First semester 2019 (Flexible)
- Second semester 2019 (Flexible)
- Summer semester A 2019 (Flexible)
- Summer semester B 2019 (Flexible)
- Term 2 2019 (Flexible)
- Trimester 2 2019 (Flexible)
- Term 3 2019 (Flexible)
- Term 4 2019 (Flexible)
- Winter semester 2019 (Flexible)
- Trimester 3 2019 (Flexible)
Average WAM of 60 Credit across units contributing to relevant Master's degree and approval from course coordinator. Subject to an interview.
Unit cannot be taken in the first or second semester of a 72 point or 96 point Graduate coursework degree.
- This is an internship unit that requires an application to be enrolled. For further details visit the internshipinternship (http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/internships/) website.
- The unit may be offered as part of the Summer Arts ProgramSummer Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/summer-program.html).
- The unit may be offered in non-standard teaching periodsnon-standard teaching periods (http://www.monash.edu/enrolments/dates/census).
- Unit cannot be taken in the first or second semester of a 72 point or 96 point graduate coursework degree.
Students undertake a project defined by a partner organisation domestically or internationally with the approval of the unit coordinator. The placement may be an affiliated arrangement where a consultancy or research project is carried out in association with the company and physical location at the company is not required. Partner organisations may be from a diverse range of industries and sectors, including government departments, private industry and not-for-profit organisations. Students communicate the project findings in the format specified by the partner organisation, such as a consultation paper, report, commentary, manual, submission or speech. The partner organisation provides field supervision, and the faculty provides academic supervision.
- Apply broad discipline knowledge to find solutions to complex problems
- Exercise critical thinking and professional judgement in developing new understandings
- Show technical skill in designing, conducting and reporting on a research project
- Plan and execute a professional project with a degree of independence and accountability
- Communicate in a clear and coherent way that is effective for the purpose and the intended audience
- Collaborate with others on a project in a workplace setting
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Indigenous cultures and historiesIndigenous cultures and histories (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2019handbooks/aos/indigenous-cultures-and-histories/)
Theatre and performanceTheatre and performance (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2019handbooks/aos/theatre-and-performance/)